Thursday, June 27, 2019

Pregnancy #4

There is so much that goes into pregnancy, labor, birth, and post-partum recovery. I just birthed a baby 36 hours ago, after an intense 6 hours of labor. While i prepared as best I could under the circumstances, I did not prepare as much as I had wanted. For me, this is baby #4. Number 4! Isn't that crazy. I had given birth 3 times before. Yet, every pregnancy and birth is unique an different. While my last 2 labors started in MY time, this one did not.

In fact, this pregnancy was not in MY timing. Its so interesting how life changes happen when we had a different plan in mind. You see, I had plans for my business, how this summer was going to go, and when I wanted to give birth again.

I had a great pregnancy physically. Knowing energy healing and emotional healing, I was able to clear morning sickness. And when I did feel nauseous, which for me was always emotional- I knew how to release it. Once we got child care at the rec center, I was able to get 4-5 days a week of exercise in, which was very healing for me. Having that 1 hour each morning to take care of me. Throughout my pregnancy, I did yoga 1-2x a week, strength training on the bosu ball with light weights, and cardio on the ellyptical and cycling when I couldn't run, which was a little over 20 weeks. Other days, I did *emotional* fitness. I had lots of emotions to work through and release.

Emotionally, I would say that this pregnancy was difficult in some ways. Yes, I had the changing hormones. My life force energy was going to creating a beautiful baby, which took energy from other aspects of my life. I had to get very good at *self-care* time, which I attended 2 retreats and did other things for self-care. In my business, I had times where I felt very inspired and other times where I felt like I was in a hole. Because I am a driven person, I kept working, and kept puttng effort into putting myself out there. I did not slow down, unless my body yelled at me- SLOW DOWN.

And I'll be honest, there were also some tough marriage struggles. Who doesn't have any struggles in marriage? We are working through them and doing the best we can. Those emotions that were triggered impacted me a lot.

My changing body: I did not tell many people about my pregnancy. I usually let people find out on their own- or seeing me. I did not show much until I was about 19-20 weeks pregnant. And that is when people started asking. I was not emotionally ready for my body to change. And I work on self-love. Loving me and my body for where we are at. As I got bigger, I would find myself judging my body- and then I would have to remind myself that this normal and how I love my changing body.

There were the fears with the actual birth and the support after birth. And the financial strain with Creighton's job, which I learned ALOT from that. With challenges come emotions, at least for me. I don't know any challenge that didn't have some degree of emotional hardship.

People were always impressed when I would work out at the gym. I balanced on a bosu ball with light weights, up to 12 lbs and did balance exercises. I thoroughly believe that almost anyone could work their way up to balancing on the bosu ball. And I am good at it because I have been using one for years. Working out helps me to have more energy and to feel better emotionally. But for a healthy emotional and mental state, I also worked through many emotions through energy sessions, writing and burning, writing new stories, and self-care.

Approaching the end of pregnancy, I did not feel ready to give birth. There was always more I felt I had to do. I did sessions up until the very end. I did chiropractic care, acupuncture, energy sessions, writing, exercise, yoga, and more. I wanted to go past my due date. When all was said and done, again it was not my timing. My labor started and I had to accept it. Now that it has happened and I have a little baby boy, I am glad that it did. So grateful to have him in my arms and healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment