Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Birth Story via Photos


Around 3 AM- I labored in this position for about an hour


I got into the tub as soon as it was ready. Not sure on the exact time. The moment I got in, it was instant relief... until the next contraction. 


My midwife Melissa checking the baby's heart beat.


It really helped to have counter pressure on my hips and Creighton helping me to do "LOW moans" during each contraction.







Every contraction brought intense pressure down low by my anus. It hurt, but the low moans really helped. 



Melissa suggested cool wash clothes, which helped as well.


I insisted on needing them to hold my hands and massage them.


"I'm done.. I just want to meet me baby..."
Melissa: "You're right, you are done." 
and then she had me feel the baby's head. 

I waited for the urge to push. After a few pushes, she was out at 5:15 AM!

I was SO grateful that the hard part was done. And felt very surprised she was a girl, but so grateful she was in my arms and healthy. I was so exhausted from the intensity of labor and lack of sleep. 



A healthy set of lungs from the beginning.




Love this baby girl

Daddy Daughter bonding moments


Our pregnancy collection of gemstones that were placed around the tub




'
Melissa Mayo, out midwife

Not in the pictures was Hannah Dunford who arrived minutes after Juniper was born, who was also wonderful and amazing. I would recommend these midwives to anyone wanting a home birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment