Friday, July 19, 2019

Babies and birth

I have been pondering about my baby's well being and my well being as I have been focusing on recovering from birth. Here are some of my thoughts and observations:

Recovery is super important for the mom! Emotionally, physically, and mentally. How can I as a the mom feel good when I am feeling super sore from giving birth AND trying to do too much? When I listen to my body and allow it rest, let go of control with other things around the house, I feel less stressed out.. And stress causes inflammation. Inflammation reduces the body's ability to heal. When I am balanced and filled with positive energy, and taking care of myself physically and emotionally, my body cannot help but heal. It is our bodys nature to heal. My body wants to serve ME. Your body wants to serve YOU. Your thoughts impact your emotions.

A peaceful recovery with positive thoughts and physical rest = a mentally healthier mom!

Now let's talk about SLEEP. As a mom of an infant, I have been waking up 2-4 times a night! And I feel it catching up to me with lower energy levels and sometimes losing my patience with my high energy girls. It really helps to sleep when baby sleeps. Ask for help so you can get a nap! You will feel better with a 4 hour stretcch of sleep!

Recovery helps baby to thrive:
I have been thinking more and more how my baby is thriving because I have been home most of time nursing him, cuddling him, and putting him to sleep. On the times I have had to go out, he has been less content. Right now, it is his most beneficial for him to be at home rushing instead of being on the go go go. He sleeps better and longer and is able to get full feeds in easier. And then he is a happier baby. Recovery is just as much for baby as it is for mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment