You are about to be bombarded with pictures... Why? Because pictures are worth 1,000 words! I surprised Creighton with a trip to his birth island, Kauai. We went with some friends of ours, Andrew and Stephanie Townsend. This is our trip:
First arriving at the airport: We had to take to bus to get camping permit and then hitchhike to the trailhead. Thankfully, a couple picked us up after 5 min of hitch hiking and drove us ALL the way to head to help us avoid too late of a start on the hike!Thank you mystery couple!
Starting the Napauli Coast all fresh and clean!
It was beautiful from the start!
The beach at the 2 mile mark... only 8.5 miles to go!
We were all still pretty anthused at this point.
Aren't we cute?
I am so Strong.
Group shot
Simply breathtaking!
We were almost to the end!
Kalalau Valley is behind us.
Yay! We made it!
Scenic shot of the stream
Mountains with the waterfall
This is where the hippies live.
I think I am holding Guava
We were able to shower in the stream using a piece of pipe.
Creighton's homemade hammock
Ghandi Moment
Love it.
Creighton almost did not come back.
Sweet water fall we hike 4 extra miles for!
My name is Suzie. I m a genie and you have 3 wishes.
We had conquered the scarry part! It was SO wonderful. We sang hymns to keep ourselves thinking positively annd it worked!
We were SO tired by the end.
Can you tell?
Welcome to Queen's Bath!
We love cliff jumping!
Ahh... adorable.
Good times at Queens Bath
We had special moments with the chickens at Hidden Beach.
Scenic view
Shakes in Hanalei = YUM
Packing up our tent
This was an awesome camping spot aside from the crazy chickens crowing and cawing from 4 or 5 AM and on.
The beach Creighton would go to growing aas a kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment