Thursday, August 29, 2013

First 2 weeks of being mom

I have to hand it to you moms. Having a baby takes a lot of work. I assumed that taking care of a baby took a lot of time. Before having Lily, I tried to take advantage of all the "time" I had for this very reason. I worked as much as I could and stayed as busy as I could. Having been in the house for 11 days straight has been great, especially with having a new baby. Its been nice to set everything aside and take a break.

It feels like I am feeding Lily all day and everyday. She is worth it of course. I'm experiencing what I am sure every new mom has experienced: settling the baby down when nothing seems to be working, the sleepless nights, diaper after diaper, eating, drinking water, feeding Lily... etc. I definitely believe that Heavenly Father has been strengthening me. I am tired though. It makes me wonder, how will I fit anything else into my schedule?

We've had so much help though. The Relief Society has been bringing us meals. And that has been so great. Thanks to all those who made a meal for us! Our families are so supportive. Friends have been really supportive. I am really appreciating all those baby wipes and diapers we got from my baby shower.

Despite giving what feels like all of my time to this adorable little girl, it really is all worth it. Its crazy to think, that she is MY daughter. I don't think it has hit me yet. I am a mom. So weird still. I love her more everyday. I don't know if its the endless service, how peaceful she looks when she sleeps, how cute and tiny her body is.. I love hearing her coos when she's close to being done eating. I love how trusting she is. I love it when she puts her arm over her face when feeding. I love taking naps with her and how cuddly she is right now. I love her head full of brown hair. I love how her legs and neck area already so strong. I love how bright her spirit is and how innocent she is. She is blessing in our lives. She has Creighton and I wrapped round her little fingers. We are now a family of 3. It is so surreal and so real.









1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love this post- and I love you! Yes, being a mama is hard work, but I'm glad you're being real with it, and seeing the lovely things about your daughter and the blessings Heavenly Father is giving you to help you grow as a person, wife, and mother. One thing you'll find is that even when you start feeling like you're getting the hang of things, it's always important to rely on the Lord and you will still be learning new things every day. (:

    ReplyDelete